Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tubing on the Niobrara


Cold
Cold water
As I jump in
To the Niobrara with friends

Smooth
Smooth plastic
In the shape of a doughnut
I sit and start my journey

Plastic
Plastic tube
As I float down the river
It keeps me above the water

Soft
Soft sand
Running through my toes like a race
Tickling the soles of my feet

Purple
Purple suit
Sticking to my skin like glue
Wet, but keeps me from burning

Turquoise
Turquoise water
Sparkling like diamonds
From the bright sun

Golden
Golden sunshine
Tanning my beige skin
Making me look as dark as can be


Black
Black night
As the sun sinks and the stars come out
The water is now black

Long
Long journey
From a plastic tube in the river
To bundling up in a towel


Starry
Starry night
The water is speckled with white spots
As if it were saying “Goodnight”

Goodbye
Goodbye water
I hope to see you again
On another warm summer day

No comments:

Post a Comment