Friday, January 18, 2013

My Favorite Place


Sunny, bright day on the hot sandy beach. The golden grains of sand are leaving imprints on my bare feet from their scolding outer edges. The bright colors of new swimming suits, mostly neons. My friends are jumping through the waves beside me. This is the beauty of Cocoa Beach.
         The tastes are unexplainable. The saltiness of the crashing waves on the shores. Tasting pineapple on my microscopic taste buds from the sweet smoothies. And the worst taste of all, the sand in my mouth from friends kicking it at my face. Grinding bits of grains are rubbing against my teeth like a piece of sandpaper on wood. Of course, the tastes are mostly terrific rather than terrible.
Smells are like smelling a rose that just came from the garden.  First, I smelled the salty water that touches your nostrils ever so gently. Then, the sweet smells that is as sweet as cotton candy. The flaming sand, the sunscreen, and finally, all of the frozen smoothies that are made on the beach further down from where we sat. Along with all of the smells, the sights and feelings are exceptional.
The neons, purples, teals, bright oranges and lime greens of the swimming suits is the first thing I experienced at Cocoa Beach. Also, I saw the white-capped waves hurling over the eager swimmers. The seashells that are lined along the shore make this sight seem serene. Wait until the waves come in. Along with my sights of the beach, my feelings and what I felt along my skin felt like I was in heaven. The warmth from the golden sun on my soon to be tan legs was incredible. Also, with the sand between my toes and near the sadly warm shower after swimming was incredible.
And last, but certainly not least, the sounds. From the giggling of the small children and the weird sounds from the adults, mostly yelling at the waves, I defiantly felt like I was at a beach rather than a library. I first heard my friends yelling at me from the salty waters to jump in, the water is fine. From laughing in my head to landing in the sea, underneath the surface is the quietest and most scary place of all.
Cocoa Beach is an incredible place to go that I will never forget. With my friends by my side and my new swimming suit, what could be better? And of course, the golden sun beating down on me makes this place like an enormous sauna. Cocoa Beach is an experience and a place I will never forget as long as I live.


No comments:

Post a Comment