Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Nebraska Photo Poem

-->
Walking, my feet are sore
As I walk up a small dirt hill.
Nebraska, the land of agriculture
And of scenery.

I am on top of the hill
I look out in the distance
And see a sinking sunset
Birds chirping loudly

The wheat is now still on the ground
Golden, and soft
Like a bed
I want to plop down on and sleep

A sinking fireplace
Under the horizon
Warm and comforting
Now turns to cold and unwelcoming

Smells surrounding me
Like a lion on a deer
Fresh and clean
Calming and soothing

Grasses from the cold months
Is now sprouting
Up from the soil
Green and bright

The sky is now a rainbow
Full of blues, pinks, oranges
Various hues of reds
Making the wheat now a light show.

The sun is now sinking
Deep under the horizon
The sky now black
Full of sparkling stars

I bid a goodnight
To the fields
And to the wheat
And the dazzling sun now gone to sleep



No comments:

Post a Comment